Saturday, January 8, 2011

The former little girl America loved to adore on The Bill Cosby Show and former Disney star was once content with her heavier self, liberally calling herself “thick and fabulous”. However, after years of confidently wearing the weight, Raven Simone showed up at the People’s Choice Awards with a whole new attitude and slimmer look. Symoné claims that she had no body image issues with her former weight.

“I thought I looked fabulous before and nobody else did,” she told PEOPLE magazine. ”

According to Symoné, it was the intense pressure of performing well for the Disney show, That’s So Raven that contributed to her weight gain. Since she no longer is engaged with the show, she has found time to breathe and focus on herself.

“That’s what stress does to you,” Symoné says. “I’ve been not stressing. I’ve been in my own house, decorating and finding hobbies.”

But all the new attention on her body isn’t that comforting, she claims. Symoné is not all that privy for the new attention because she doesn’t believe it’s genuine.

“Actually, now I wear bigger clothes because I don’t like the way people stare at me,” she said. “I liked it before. Now, you’re just looking at me for the wrong reasons. Before, you were actually looking at me for a real reason.”

Since her takeoff from the show, Symoné has appeared in documentaries, such as Chris Rock’s Good Hair and also recently shot The Great State of Georgia, a pilot for ABC Family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment