Sunday, March 27, 2011

Scotland's Martin Laird holds a two-stroke lead going into the final round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill, after carding a two-under-par third round 70.

The 28-year-old, who led by one stroke after 36 holes, lies on an 11-under-par total of 205, clear of Spencer Levin (71), with Steve Marino (71) and Bubba Watson (68) another two strokes adrift.

Laird let by four strokes at one stage, but come the 16th hole Levin had moved alongside his rival at the top of the leaderboard.

However, the American found water to bogey the hole while Laird made birdie to extend his advantage.

"I know tomorrow I will have to concentrate hard and hopefully I'll wind up on top," Laird, who is chasing only his second PGA Tour title, told the PGA Tour website.

Meanwhile, six-time Bay Hill winner Tiger Woods had a round to forget. The former world number one suffered a mixed bag of scores, including an eagle and a double bogey, on his way to a two-over-par 74.

Woods is now 10 shots off the pace, although he believes he still has a chance of being in the shake-up on Sunday with the right playing conditions.



"I made a few mistakes out there," Woods said. "There was a point in the round I had to get more aggressive on 13 and paid the price for it. I figured I needed to shoot 3 or 4 under, and it backfired on me a little bit.

"But hopefully the wind blows tomorrow and I can post a good one -- and I can get a little momentum going into Augusta," Woods added.



0 comments:

Post a Comment